Monday, February 22, 2010

repeat

Chaeson National Park =--



wake up for 6am Yoga...walk softly down the hill along waking forest and find sitting meditators on wooden floors, find your place on your knees and your breath, sun salutations as the sun rises behind us, blood circulating through body enough to bring hunger to our stomachs for our traditional thai breakfast

hiking in the bamboo.....slather sunscreen on cheeks and shoulders, pretend to read thai and know which trail to go up, find yourself in bamboo groves, dry leaves, singing birds and insects, bathe in waterfall, continue conversation on love and life with new friend

11 am meditation...sit in shade and find a position that brings you relaxation, listen to tummy growls

12 pm Thai lunch...eyes wide watching plates set on table, steamed morning glory, tom kah gai, tree ripened papaya and mango, sticky rice in bamboo basket, northern thai specialties so yummy but too complicated to describe, remembering to eat slowly but tempted to go fast to maintain the glorious flavors in my mouth

hot springs, thai massage, thai ice coffee....ease slowly into sulfur waters, close eyes and soak, tension washing away, hear giggles of thai children behind the tree watching me, walk on dry paths to simple cotton mattress on floor, strong hands awaiting me, manipulating my body into positions that look painful but feel heavenly, relaxing into massage, songs of geckos, birds and insects again reminding me of my place in the thai forest, find shade under tree to enjoy my daily ice coffee, so strong it rings memories of home

3 pm restorative yoga.... in positions for minute after minute, breathing into stretch to go deeper and deeper, now I know what kind of yoga my body screams for

5:30 pm dinner....somehow I can fill my belly again, its easy when the smells and flavors from the kitchen make the hair on your body stand, your heart beat faster, and your tummy sing a melody

Evening.....walk back up the hill, muscles working but the heat feels good, play cards and laugh, smiling, content, knowing that tomorrow will bring me the same

No comments:

Post a Comment